Follow Me!

Like what you read? Subscribe/Follow me to make sure that you do not miss out on any new posts :)

06 September 2014

Weekend Links - Filofax or Planner Essentials

I recently bought a planner. Working from home meant that I need to better organize my thoughts, keep tracks of deadlines, have meetings with myself and more. This is on top of the usual calendaring I do for my kiddos and hubby.

Re-starting my blog also meant that I need to plan my posts (yes, these are actually planned, they do not just appear in my head though I wish that they do!) Oh! Another small "insignificant" reason was that I bought a $5 planner from The Paper Stone as I simply couldn't resist the price! I love this planner as it comes with a front pocket which I use to hold my stickers! My multicolored pen was from Kikki K eons ago! Not sure if they still carry it!

 
 

Thus starts my love affair with planner or Filofax essentials...

#1 Washi Tapes
I was first introduced to these wonder tapes when I started scrapbooking 7 years ago. There was a sudden craze of these beautifully designed adhesive paper tapes that could actually be removed with hardly any trace even on paper! Oh the wonder of it all!!! Now I use them to decorate my planner, making the entries less boring and more colorful. Its great for covering up mistakes too! I love it that I can also use it to cover up private information when I am taking photos for my blog. I get my stash locally, at an online store that gave great price if I buy 10 rolls or more. Alot? Not when you see the range that they have, its hard to stop at even 10! Click onto Craft Explorer if you don't believe me.




#2 Stickers
My love affair with stickers started way back when I was still a kid. Remember those Panini stickers that comes in $0.40 a pack? Care Bears, Smurfs, WWF ( World Wildlife Fund, not the wrestling one). It has gotten more sophisticated now, with stickers for many types and occasions! While browsing for Washi tapes at Craft Explorer, I came across their sticker album and I was lost! There are so many types of stickers now! I bought 4 packs *gasp* of stickers - Cute Index Stickers, which are joined in the middle for ease of fold-over to create a tab or index.


Adorable Postage Stamp Stickers

 
Yummy Friends Russian Dolls and...


Adorable Bonjour Stickers

and had been using them gleefully in my planner. I totally feel like a child again! They had recently brought in a huge stock of puffy stickers at great prices of $0.30 each (For real? YES!!!) or get 30 pieces at only $8! I am so going to order soon!

#3 Stamps
The Paper Stone is truly a "dangerous" place for me. Without fail there will be things that catch my eye whenever I go. I bought their So Cute - Calendar and their So Cute - Emoticon when I bought the $5 planner.

Oh yes, for those looking for these $5 planners, they are part of a promo currently of deeply discounted past season products. I got mine then. I still see these promotions at their Tampines and Bedok branches. Go see :)

Now back to the stamps. I use the So Cute Chops - Calendar to denote the date (duh!)


 and the So Cute Chops - Emoticon Volume I to denote my feelings on that particular day or event.

These stamps are great to use! I believe they also have other promotions ongoing, 2 regular cups at $7.90 and 2 espresso cups at $3.90. Oh and if you buy online, they are currently having a promotion of 20%! Check them out here!

Like I say - DANGEROUS!

Below are some photos of how my planner usually look like. 


In a nutshell, this is how my weekly planner looks like with washi tapes as annotations and stickers for embellishing especially when there is a special event. I do my planning for my blog posts on the right where I write my brainstormed ideas, photos that I need, links that are required etc.


The infamous school camp that had me in knots. I love that little pig in sleeping bag sticker! Its from Adorable Bonjour Stickers shown earlier. You can also see the use of the So Cute - Emoticon Volume I stamps, just beside the date. Yes, I was nervous and emo!

 
Another cute sticker from Adorable Bonjour that totally presents the day's event!


This is a personal review with no affiliated links or compensation given. Photos are credited to the owners of these stores, namely Craft Explorer and The Paper Stone.  Do give these 2 local businesses a try and you may be pleasantly surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment