Follow Me!

Like what you read? Subscribe/Follow me to make sure that you do not miss out on any new posts :)

23 September 2014

Review on BigMomma SG + Treat for all my readers!

 
I had been looking for a certain set of books for my younger gal to help her in word recognition. As different as chalk and cheese, my gals differ in hobbies as well. My no. 1 simply loves reading and will devour any book she has chosen. On the other hand, getting my no. 2 to read is like bringing her to the dentist to have her tooth extracted! Her reluctance to read bordered on the edge of intense dislike which doesn't quite make sense to me seeing that both hubby and myself love reading and I thought apples do not fall far from its tree? Her "flight" seemed very far :(

In a desperate attempt to get her to read or at very least to recognize more words, I chanced upon a set of books called "Now I 'm Reading". Though it was supposed to be for preschoolers to recognize words and to read, I found it to be quite useful as the words taught were repeated throughout one little booklet. It helps to reinforce the words and makes it easier for her to recognize. With 81 booklets in all, I reckon she would know quite a number of words thereafter! Unfortunately, the place where I first found the books, it was out of stock :( Henceforth start my quest to find these books.

On one of my nightly visit on Facebook (which simply means I can't sleep becos baby isn't sleeping or I'm feeding!), I came across this very set of books and to top it off, its selling at such a steal! I immediately explored the page more and BigMomma SG did not disappoint!




 I end up buying enough to qualify for free delivery! Wonder what I bought? Here goes.....



 
This is the set of sought after books - "Now I'm Reading". As you can see, words taught are repeated constantly and there is even a Chinese version behind :) The books are small, slightly bigger than palm size and with about 12 pages, its perfect to hold her attention and not long enough to make her yawn. There are  a total of 81 books at only $50!
 
 
 
 
"Miss Rumphius" - A wonderful story of seeking adventure in faraway places and fulfilling dreams. A good read to feed the imagination of my eldest.
 
 
 
"我的成长书"  - this is a set of 35 books, all about things around you. Helps to build awareness in the environment around you. Though it is suitable for 3 years old onwards, I bought it for my oldest mostly to better her Chinese language especially Chinese nouns.
 
 
Now for some fun and games for my little one. With 2 older sisters ahead of him, it meant that I hardly have any boy's toys. Apart from an odd ball here and there, there really are very little toys to engage his interest. My 2 gals are very girly gals, prefers all the cooking and dressing up games more than anything else. I have tons of pots and pans to which my boy had been happily banging away on but I do want to give him some boy's boy toys and I was very happy to find some suitable ones at Bigmomma SG too!
 
 This is Noah's Ark by SHELCORE. With 4 pairs of adorable plush animals that can be removed and attached again using Velcro, these plush doubled up as finger puppets too! There is also a mirror surface at the top of the ark for some peek-a-boo play :) My boy particularly loves this one and had so much fun removing and reattaching the animals! And becos the animals are in pairs, I could even ask him to find the identical animal, triple duty!
 
 
 
Rolling cars where the 4 "cars" given rolls from ramp to ramp, making their way down. It makes for a laughing induced play as my boy tries to catch the cars as it moves down :)
 
 
 
Mini Spiral Wire & Beads that makes for some quiet time. He is fascinated with how the beads can travel from this spiral to that and he could move them at will. The mini size meant that he could handle this on his own and it is not too heavy for him.
 
 
 
TOLO Big Ben Activity Clock with moveable hour and second hands. He is definitely too young to learn time yet but he's definitely have fun turning the hands around. There is even a mirror on its back and the large handle with counting beads makes it easy for him  to carry drag around :)
 
 
I am so glad to have stumbled upon Bigmomma SG. The large variety of items it carries meant that I could satisfy all 3 kids with just 1 purchase! With kids as big age gaps as mine, this is really no mean feat as I find myself having to go different stores to get for all 3 kiddos as most stores specializes in a particular age group. The inclusion of Chinese books are a bonus as I find it hard to get good quality Chinese books at reasonable prices for kids.
 
Take a look at their large repertoire of items and if you want to get something then don't forget to mention how you come to know about Bigmomma SG for they are generously giving FREE NORMAL LOCAL POST to all my readers! Just let them know that you learn about them from Wahmummy blog post and you will get FREE POST! This offer is while her stock lasts before Bigmomma SG takes a short break and reorganize her store. So  do not wait to get your items as once sold out it will NOT be restocked!
 
The above review is in no way affiliated nor compensated in kind or monetary. It is purely a personal review on products that I had bought. All opinions expressed are of my own. Photos are provided by courtesy of the store owner.
 
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀
 
FREE NORMAL LOCAL POST by Craft Explorer till 02 October 2014 for all purchase above $5.00. Read here for details of getting free post.
 
FREE NORMAL LOCAL POST by Bigmomma SG while stocks last!
 
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment